Site Viewing Statistics
Over the years, I've checked the statistics for roswelloracle.com occasionally, and have been really interested in what pages are most viewed.
I've also have been amazed at how many countries all over the world have Roswell fans who have accessed the site.
I thought some of you might be interested as well, so here is the information.
Here are a few numbers about visitors and page views
Ave visitors per day - 50-450
Ave page views per visitor - average of 10
Number of unique visitors - over 50,000 as per 2014
Most Viewed Pages
Listed below are the top 10 most viewed areas of roswelloracle.com
1. Music - By far the most viewed pages on the site are the music pages. Views on the music pages account for a third of all views.
2. Articles - The second most viewed pages are articles about Roswell and the cast.
3. Fanfiction - Coming in third are views of my fanfic.
4. Theories - A close fourth is the theories pages. There must be a lot of you conspiracy theorists out there!
5. Roswell Info Quick Reference - The area of the archive with information about Roswell like the character guide, places guide, timeline, episode guide, Crashdown menu, the floorplans, dictionary, and the pages in the quick
reference section are always one of the main destinations.
6. Image Gallery - This has had tons of hits since I put it up.
7. Ship List - Always lots of hits for the ship list and the ship list by person.
8. Silver Hand Print - There always seems to be someone in there.
9. Roswell Merchandise - This is always a popular area, and the one I get the most emails about.
10. Roswell Transcripts and Cut Scenes - These get lots of hits.
Roswell Fans Around the World
Last year my web host put out a tool that allows me to see countries and cities of where people are in the world when they are looking at roswelloracle.com.
So I can tell that it is not just one rabid fan in each state or country, but a lot of different fans in different cities.
I thought it was pretty cool and I've kept a list of the places around the world.
Here are the top 5 U.S. states -
1. CA - California accounts for almost 9% of the views to the site
2. TX - Texas has almost as many views as California
3. UT - Utah just barely edges out NY and Florida
Most surprising insights -
I've seen hits from the actual Roswell, New Mexico! Is that you Max? Liz? Alex?
- Apparently Santa or Mrs. Claus is a Roswell fan because I've had hits from North Pole, Alaska. :)
And here are the top 5 countries -
1. UK - The UK has almost as many views as California at 7.5%
2. Canada - Canada is not too far behind the UK
Most surprising insights -
- I seen hits from Uppsala, Sweden, where Alex supposed went on his study abroad. Is that you Leanna? Or maybe his non-existent host family the Olsons?
I am continually surprised to see access from places like China and the middle east, who are not so keen on western ideals.
Sure it could be westerners who are living in those places that are looking at the site, or maybe they stumbled on the site accidentally. :)
Below I've posted a list of US states, Canadian provinces and countries around the world where fans have accessed the site.
I started to make maps just for myself to see how many places have Roswell fans, and I've included those as well.
The countries with Roswell fans are in color and have an alien on them. Countries that I haven't seen visitors from are in gray.
I will update the country/state lists every week or so, but I may only get the maps updated once every couple of months. So if you see a discrepancy, that is why.
These were posted from a 2013 map, so it is possible country boundaries or names may have changed.
***If you are from a country or state I've missed, let me know! I'll get you added.***
North American countries
US and Canada (see below for more detailed information)
Antigua and Barbuda|
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Trinidad and Tobago
US states and Canadian provinces
District of Columbia
Prince Edward Island
Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Northern Ireland
South American countries
United Arab Emirates
Papua New Guinea
I haven't seen any hits from Antarctica yet, but I am still waiting!