A Spanish fan, David, contacted me in 2011 with pics that he took of the Roswell filming sites from his trip in 2010. He has given permission to post them on the site, and I thought they would be a great addition so we could see more recent pics of the filming locations. Plus, they are much larger pics!
He also has taken a video of his journey along Soledad Canyon Road where a lot of the sequences that took place outside of town were shot for the show.
Here is a link to his video - David's Soledad Canyon Road Trip 2010
Thanks to David for these images and information!
I am using the same maps as on the original Covina Real Places page. I have just removed the numbers that David did not visit, so you can compare the two sets of pictures using the same numbers on the map. I've also added a number 20 to the top map for a new location.
3. Evan's House (various) - 163 Valencia Pl
Courtney's apartment (EOTW, H) - across the street
4. Summerhaven Park (various) - on N. 4th Ave between W San Bernadion Rd and E Badillo St
see closeup map below
5. Roswell Library Sign (BD) - Civic Center Park
on Citrus Ave between E. San Bernadino Rd and School St
also Christmas Tree Lot (ARCC)
and where Max and Tess meet the dupes to go to NY (MTD)
8. Pinecrest Mental Hospital (WAF) - 170 E. School St.
12. Crashdown Cafe - 223 N Citrus Ave. (various)
Crashdown painting and back stairs - the alley behind the building (various)
and alley where Max confronts 'Isabel' in the (MTD)
As many of you probably know, the interior shots of the Crashdown were filmed at the Paramount Studios, and the exteriors were shot at the building above. David also took pics of the interior of the building so we can see what it really looks like.
This is what he said -
"On other issue, well, when I went to Covina I had luch there (of course!) and well, they were very, very kind with me; I explained them (all girls, by the way!) that I was an spanish Roswell fan that was travelling there for all that Roswell spots, and well, they were shocked! They told me that they remembered all those filming days, the UFO on the facade, but well, at that time, the restaurant was not theirs (at that time it was Citrus Grill, remember?). Well, all over these years (from 2001 almost to that day at Covina!) I've always been so obsessed about the "real inside" of the Crashdown; as we all know, the inside shots where at a set on Paramount, that's the reason why when they were shooting on the ouside of the restaurant, they used to cover all the glasses with a grey sticker or cover. Someone told me there, in Covina, that the 3 years that the series lasted, the restaurant was closed (with that grey cover on the windows), and the crew used the inside as a wharehouse of props, lights, cameras, etc. The thing is that there are no so much picts of the real inside, so I send you a bunch of them, you can use them as you like too ;)"
13. Max running shirtless (AN)- 236 N. Citrus Ave
Shoe Service & Alley where Max and Liz park at the end of 'Sexual Healing' and where Nasedo lures the Special Unit agent (SH, TL&V) - 222 N. Citrus Ave
Alley where Courtney dies (W) - back of 222 N. Citrus Ave
Morgue where Alex is taken (CYN) - alley behind 222 N. Citrus Ave
14. City Hall (EOTW, W, CYN) - 185 E College St
Roswell Sheriff's Station (various) - 147 E. College St
Sheriff's window where Michael breaks in (MA)
15. Max and Isabel talk to Michael about Hank (ID)
16. Alley where Liz & Maria finds a piece of skin (W) - Badillo & College
Night on the Town building where Max climbed on the awning while drunk (BD)
also where Liz sees Max walks Tess home (AN) - 125 N. Citrus Ave
Max & Isabel walking talking about Grant
& Max sees Liz waiting for Whitaker in front of her office(S&B) - 134 N. Citrus Ave.
17. Michael bought candy to pretend to sell (MA) - 160 E. College St
18. UFO Center Building (various) - 137E. Badillo St (torn down in 2003)
also the Alley where Kyle's friends beat up by Max (LN)
20. Intersection where Liz and Maria hit the baby carriage (W)
2. Where the Christmas pagaent and midnight mass take place (ARCC)
6. Bleachers where Isabel, Max and Michael discuss what to do about Brody (AN)
7. Bench where Tess finds Max upset about Liz sleeping w/ Kyle (EOTW)
1. Sultan's Hide Away Motel where Michael and Maria break down (285S) - 12117 Sierra Highway
also motel where Hank stays (Summer of '47)
3. The road that is seen in the Roswell opening credits - Agua Dulce Air Park 33638 Agua Dulce Canyon Rd.
4. Store where Max, Liz and Isabel stop (285 South) - 33355 Agua Dulce Canyon Rd
5. Big pointy rock formation that houses the pod chamber (various)
6. Tunnel where Michael is hitch hiking (ID)
also when the gang is walking to the pod chamber after destroying the Jeep (D)
7. Where Nasedo, posing as Max, dumps the FBI Agent's body at mile marker 67 (MTTM) - 11540 Soledad Canyon Road
8. Bridge where Max and Liz jump (D)