|Index | Fanfiction | Graphics | Encyclopedia | Roswell Store | Dreams | Info & FAQs | Site Maps | Links | Contact|
Of course, a lot of Roswell was filmed on the Paramount Studios lot, but many of the exterior scenes were filmed in the town of Covina, and other places in California.
These are maps of several of the real places where Roswell was filmed.
***If you know additional locations, please send them in and I will add them!!***
If you do go on your own Roswell pilgrimage and visit the homes on this list, please remember that real people actually live in the homes, and don't disturb them. They might not know or care that their home was used in a TV show and might not want to talk to fans. So just be respectful, don't bother the homeowners, and don't take pics of the homeowners.
Remember that you are representing all Roswell fans!
Most of the info below was taken from this great Japanese site.
Sorry I don't know the name (can't speak Japanese). I've lost the link so I'm not sure if it is still open and couldn't ask permission to repost (again the non-Japanese speaking problem). Someone from the site had come to the LA area and went looking for all these shooting locations, taking a ton of great pics!
You can see that the props and special effects department 'spiffed' up and added things to a lot of the sites so they are hardly recognizable unless you look really closely. The people who found some of these original sites did a really amazing job! Thanks for all your hard work!
Some locations were given to me by a British fan, Softie, who got them from a former Roswell crew member.
Other locations I found on Google maps.
***Maps on these pages were drawn by RoswellOracle.***
Do not use without permission.
Fan Submitted Pictures
Covina 2010 Pics
A Spanish fan, David, contacted me in 2011 with pics that he took of the Roswell filming sites from his trip in 2010, and has given permission to post them on the site.
Covina 2015 Pics
A fan named Rex D. Werking contacted me in Feb 2015 asking about Roswell filming locations, and I was able to point him to the maps on my site. Rex took a trip to see the Roswell filming sites and took a ton of pictures and has given permission to post them on the site.
1. Where Michael says goodbye to Maria - North Plymouth Boulevard between Beverly and Rosewood, LA.
(Only 3 blocks from the Paramount Studios lot)
In the last episode of Season 3, I recognized one of the film locations.
Where Michael says goodbye to Maria on the street. I used to live on the next street over.
2. Psychic's House (season 3) - 424 N Plymouth Blvd, Los Angeles.
That same street is where Michael and Maria see the psychic in that episode too.
You can see the front of the psychic's house. It still looks similar to how it appears in Roswell season 3.
Of course, it may not look exactly like it did when it was filmed because many houses in the area
have been remodeled over the years. What's interesting is when Michael and Maria went
to see the psychic in an earlier episode, it was at a different location.
1. Bowling Alley (HOM) - 1060 W. San Bernardino Rd
2. Alex's House (CYN) - 402 N Cedar Dr, just north or W Palm Dr.
3. Evan's House (various) - 163 Valencia Pl
Courtney's apartment (EOTW, H) - across the street
4. Summerhaven Park (various) - on N. 4th Ave between W San Bernadion Rd and E Badillo St
see closeup map below
5. Roswell Library Sign (BD) - Civic Center Park
on Citrus Ave between E. San Bernadino Rd and School St
also Christmas Tree Lot (ARCC)
and where Max and Tess meet the dupes to go to NY (MTD)
6. Ghost Dad's House (ARCC) - Puente St, E of Citrus
Brody's House (ARCC) - Puente St, E of Citrus
7. Chez Pierre (BD) - 116 E. School St.
8. Pinecrest Mental Hospital (WAF) - 170 E. School St.
9. Hardware Store (ARCC) - 307 N Citrus Ave.
10. Maria's House (various) - Italia St, between 2nd & 1st Ave.
11. Madame Vivian's (EOTW) - 133 W Cottage Dr.
12. Crashdown Cafe - 223 N Citrus Ave. (various)
Crashdown painting and back stairs - the alley behind the building (various)
alley where Pierce talks to Alex (C)
and alley where Max confronts 'Isabel' in the (MTD)
13. Max running shirtless (AN)- 236 N. Citrus Ave
Shoe Service (SH, TL&V) - 222 N. Citrus Ave
Alley where Courtney dies (W) - back of 222 N. Citrus Ave
Morgue where Alex is taken (CYN) - alley behind 222 N. Citrus Ave
14. City Hall (EOTW, W, CYN) - 185 E College St
Alley where gang sneaks across to UFO Center (W)
Sheriff's window where Michael breaks in (MA)
Where Max makes fireworks & where Liz calls for a ride (BD)
Roswell Sheriff's Station (various) - 147 E. College St
15. Liz & Kyle walking back from video store (LN) - corner of Citrus & College
also the empty intersection Liz and Maria find (W)
Max and Isabel talk to Michael about Hank (ID)
Liz running for the bus (HOM)
16. Movie theater (RD) - Badillo & College
Max and Liz walk, looking to see who is following them (BB) - 104 N. Citrus Ave
Alley where Liz & Maria finds a piece of skin (W)
Night on the Town building where Max climbed on the awning while drunk (BD)
also where Liz sees Max walks Tess home (AN) - 125 N. Citrus Ave
Max & Isabel walking talking about Grant
Max sees Liz waiting for Whitaker(S&B) - 134 N. Citrus Ave.
17. Michael bought candy to pretend to sell (MA) - 160 E. College St
Michael calls Nasdeo from a pay phone (S&B)
Where Tess & Kyle overhear gossip about Valenti (DB)
18. UFO Center Building (various) - 137E. Badillo St (torn down in 2003)
Bus Station (AN) - in the rear of the UFO Center
Steak-out with Isabel, Maria, and Michael (BB) - 114 E. Badillo St
Alley where Kyle's friends beat up by Max (LN)
19. WRH Staduim with Alex shrine (CYN) - Covina District Field stadium
on E. Puente between 3rd & 4th Ave.
also bus pickup for Father's Camping Weekend (ITW)
and where Isabel and Liz do their pedicure and talk about Alex in (HW)
1. Where Max talks to his mother and gives her the toy house (TH)
2. Where Max tells Isabel and Michael about Liz's missing journal (Mis)
also where the Christmas pagaent and midnight mass take place (ARCC)
3. Liz goes to talk to Kyle while he is playing basketball (Mis)
4. Bench where Max finds Tess upset about Nasedo dying (AN)
5. Where Tess and Max were walking when they think they see Nicholas (W)
6. Bleachers where Isabel, Max and Michael discuss what to do about Brody (AN)
7. Bench where Tess finds Max upset about Liz sleeping w/ Kyle (EOTW)
1. Bridge where Isabel takes Max when he is upset about the baby being sick (BIY)|
1. Exterior, Liz & Maria saying Alex is no James Bond (MA)
2. Exterior, Max, Michael and Isabel are eating when she sees the dome on the book cover (Mis)
3. Where Alex was standing while Liz & Maria were saying he is no James Bond (MA)
4. Where Max saw Topolsky talking to the Sheriff (MA)
5. Exterior shot of school (P)
6. Where Topolsky confronts Liz about Michael skipping class (MA)
7. Maria confronts Alex about taking Liz's diary (Mis)
8. Liz sees Kyle and Topolsky talks to her (Mis)
9. Where Maria and Liz talk about Alex taking her diary and he interrupts (Mis)
10. Hallway behind Liz when Max runs away from her (P)
1. Sultan's Hide Away Motel where Michael and Maria break down (285S) - 12117 Sierra Highway
also motel where Hank stays (Summer of '47)
2. Church where Max and Liz are married (Graduation)
3. Where Isabel's Jeep breaks down (M) - Agua Dulce Air Park 33638 Agua Dulce Canyon Rd.
also the road that is seen in the Roswell opening credits
and the road where Michael and Maria get pulled over (285S)
and the Liftoff Gas Station where Michael steals Maria's car (285S)
and Pepper's Cafe where Hubble' wife was killed (TC)
and the Cafe where Michael, Maria and Laurie eat (DB)
4. Store where Max, Liz and Isabel stop (285 South) - 33355 Agua Dulce Canyon Rd
5. Big pointy rock formation that houses the pod chamber (various)
also where the radio tower is located (SH)
6. Tunnel where Michael is hitch hiking (ID)
also when the gang is walking to the pod chamber after destroying the Jeep (D)
7. Where Nasedo, posing as Max, dumps the FBI Agent's body at mile marker 67 (MTTM)
8. Bridge where Max and Liz jump (D)
9. Quarry where the gang meets sometimes (TH,C)
This location was sent in by Softie, who got it from a former crew member on Roswell.
There are many open pits there, so it is hard to be specific about which one was the actual filming location.